Summer Activity Weeks
IMPORTANT BOOKING INFORMATION FOR 2024 (PLEASE READ)
- It is credit to our staff and your children that our Activity Weeks are proving to be so successful, owing to this, demand for places has increased. Therefore, we have made the decision that all bookings must now be done solely through Eventbrite. Therefore once the deadline has passed, I am afraid, there will not be an opportunity to add your child’s/children’s name to the list.
- Dates for our 2024 Summer Activity Weeks are as follows: 29th July-2nd August and 19th August-23rd August
- Bookings will open at the beginning of February half term and will not close until June, unless demand determines otherwise. Please keep an eye out on our social media and our website to ensure you secure your places.
- Please ensure when you book you complete the CONSENT FORM (which will be made available when bookings open) as this too will not be available once Eventbrite has closed. It is extremely important we receive this information.
These are open to all children who are due to start Reception in September 2024 up to those due to start Year 10 in September 2024.
It is a fun-filled week of activities, ranging from swimming, Forest School and canoeing, to onsite activities such as Catch the Flag, baking and Quick Cricket. No coaching – just fun!
Children can elect not to take part in certain activities they are not sure about. However, the more general activities do require everyone to join in.
Costs for 2024 will be displayed here, once bookings open in February 2024.
Paying by childcare vouchers
We accept the following childcare voucher providers:
- Computershare voucher
- Fideliti Vouchers
- Kiddi Vouchers
- Care-4 Vouchers
- Busy Bees
- Chamber Childcare
- Tax Free Childcare – Government Gateway
How to pay using your childcare vouchers?
Edenred – When making payment for Edenred you require our account number, which is P20910987
Tax free Childcare – Search the TFC online portal for Barnard Castle School, and our regulator reference is 114336 and postcode is DL12 8UN
For all the other childcare providers, simply search the childcare providers online portal for ‘Barnard Castle School’, select this option and then proceed with your payment.
While on this webpage, you may also like to view media content from previous Summer Activity Weeks within the wider Useful Resources area.
For further information or if you have any queries about our Summer Activity Weeks, please contact Barnard Castle School’s Events Manager, Mrs Judith Pepper, using the details provided below.
- 01833 696078
We very much look forward to seeing your child/children at our next Activity Weeks.
Terms and Conditions
- Minimum of three days for each booking. If you are booking for more than one child to attend, you will be asked during the booking process to provide information for all children.
- We do accept childcare vouchers, this can be done by clicking on “Send an Invoice”. Please note we do not send an invoice, so once you have selected this option please proceed to pay. See earlier for how to pay via this method of payment.
- We do not offer refunds.
- It is important to specify which days you require your child to attend if they are not attending the full week.
- It is important to specify which year group your chid is due to join the following September, this helps to ensure they are in the correct age group.
- The week is based around group activities and the week is staffed accordingly, it is imperative that your child is able to manage being part of a wider group and can follow basic instruction, for their safety and the safety of the rest of the group. Unfortunately, we cannot cater for one-on-one supervision, although group supervision is very thorough.
- Please read the Parent and Carer Guide in the Important Documents area of this webpage, which will provide you with all the information you require for the week.