Barney’s Ukraine Appeal28 Mar 2022
We are ever so grateful for our community’s generosity, compassion and support of our relief efforts in respect of the ongoing crisis in Ukraine.
Since the start of our campaign, the volume of donations and care packages received to support those impacted by the conflicts has overwhelmed us.
We have since been advised that we are not to accept food products as donations, as these items require certain paperwork to cross borders. The food items that have been supplied so far have been distributed to local food banks.
Please see below a full list of acceptable items.
As ever, many thanks for your support throughout our continuous appeal – it is greatly appreciated, Barney.
Personal hygiene products:
- soaps, shower gels, shampoos, and hair conditioners, hairbrushes
- toothbrushes and toothpaste, for children and adults
- antiperspirants and deodorants (mainly for women but also for men)
- face creams and tonics, hand creams for women.
- sanitary towels, tampons, panty liners
- larger sanitary pads for women in puerperium and nursing pads ( breast feeding pads)
- wet wipes, nappies of various sizes, tissues, cotton pads
- first aid kits
- bandages, gauze and swabs, tourniquets, plasters, disposable gloves
- anti-pain, anti-fever and anti-inflammatory drugs for children and adults
- vitamins for children
- something for coughs, sore throat, stomach problems, nasal drops.
- colouring books and crayons/markers
- small puzzles
- small soft toys/ cuddly toys
- paper towels, cutlery, and disposable plates
- sleeping bags, mats, blankets
- power banks, batteries, flashlights
- Clothing in different sizes (please bring NEW items
- cotton T-shirts, sweatshirts and tracksuits,
- thermal clothing,
- cotton leggings for women
- women’s slippers, children’s, and women’s pyjamas
- bath towels