Masks4Kenya10 Feb 2021
We are proud of all Barnardians who have taken it upon themselves to create several charitable initiatives in aid of the KEEP ‘Masks4Kenya’ campaign.
So far, their combined efforts have raised in excess of £3,000 for this amazing cause!
Here is a brief roundup of the various initiatives spearheaded by our pupils in their respective Houses:
- Bowes – Bowes House is planning on hosting a charity event after Half Term
- Dale – Staff and pupils are carrying out a Run/Cycle challenge to collectively travel the distance from Barney to Kipsaina, Kenya
- Durham – Students are carrying out a ‘Keepy Uppy’ challenge, with the number of keepy uppys amounting to the distance from Barney to Kenya. A special mention must also go to Archie, who successfully completed a 350-mile cycle challenge!
- Longfield – The ladies of Longfield are carrying out a Land’s End to John o’ Groats running challenge
- Marwood – The Marwoodians are hosting a charity Bingo Night on 3rd March
- Northumberland/York – The boys of Northumberland and York Houses will ‘summit Mount Kenya’ by climbing stairs – each climbing 90 flights of stairs a day!
- Tees – Tees House is carrying out a 10-day ‘Ice Bucket Challenge’
In addition, Barney Music is hosting a ‘Concert for Kenya’ on 12th March. Details about the concert can be found via ‘@music_barney’ on Instagram and Twitter.
For further information about Masks4Kenya and the above activities visit: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/charity-web/charity/displayCharityCampaignPage.action?charityCampaignUrl=Masks4Kenya