The 129th Barnard Run22 Oct 2020
Well done to all competitors from our Prep and Senior Schools who took part in yesterday’s ‘Barney Run’!
It was the second Barney Run in a row hosted behind closed doors, for obvious reasons. While it is unfortunate that we were unable to host spectators, the safety of our pupils, staff and wider community is of the utmost importance.
Nevertheless, it was another joyous occasion for all runners, which marked the culmination of a lot of hard work in the form of House and individual training, as well as all recent Barney Bash qualifying runs – which raised funds for two excellent charities: Dig Deep and Kipsaina Education and Environment Partnership (KEEP).
We look forward to hosting next year’s event, which, we hope, will be open to friends and guests, should government guidance allow.
The 129th Barnard Run results
- Pre-Prep Barnard Run – Girls’ Winner – Jessie, Drake House; Boys’ Winner – Acer, Raleigh House
- Years 3 and 4 Barnard Run – Girls’ Winner – Sasha, Raleigh House; Boys’ Winner – Monty, Gilbert House
- Years 5 and 6 Barnard Run – Girls’ Winner – Emily, Gilbert House; Boys’ Winner – Charles, Drake House
- The Geoffrey Turnbull Cup (Years 7 and 8 Girls) – Savannah, Marwood House
- The Alastair McCulloch Cup (Years 7 and 8 Boys) – Joshua, Dale House
- The Wilford Cup (Years 9 and 10 Girls) – Isabelle, Bowes House
- The Blackett Cup (Years 9 and 10 Boys) – Harry, Tees House
- The Turnbull Shield (Year 11 Girls) – Sophia, Marwood House
- The Lloyd Evans Cup (Year 11 Boys) – Freddie, Dale House
- The Turnbull Shield (Years 12 and 13 Girls) – Connie, Marwood House
- The Lloyd Evans Cup (Years 12 and 13 Boys) – Thomas, Tees House