We have had two sons, different in nature and outlook, through the prep and senior school and both have been given the opportunity to thrive at Barnard Castle School.'
Simon and Kim Bainbridge
Barney Friends Second Hand Uniform Shop
The second hand uniform facility was set up at Prep School in 2006 to provide the opportunity for parents to buy good quality outgrown uniform or unclaimed lost property at discounted prices. Now located behind the Music School in its own purpose-fitted space, the shop sells a wide range of good quality, second-hand uniform and sports kit at discounted prices, making it the perfect for place to shop for constantly growing children or for stocking up on spares.
We continually need new stock, so if you wish to sell any uniform, please bring the items into the shop during opening hours or leave them at the office in either School.
As with everything brought to the shop, items must be current uniform and should be laundered / dry cleaned and labelled with the sellers contact details. We do not clean or repair clothes but do keep some spare buttons. Articles remaining unsold after 18 months will be recycled and we use our discretion as to what will sell. Articles of clothing no longer regulation uniform will be removed from sale.
The shop is open as follows, including specific Saturdays (12.00 noon - 1.00pm) each half term:
- Mondays 8.45am - 9.45am
- Fridays 3.00pm - 5.00pm
The shop is run on a voluntary basis by parents but we will meet parents outside the opening hours wherever possible. Contact Julia Greaves on 07811 231021 if required.
Clothes are sold at a fair price which is often a fraction of the cost new and whilst a percentage of the selling price is retained, 70% is returned to the seller allowing you to recoup some of the initial expenditure. The remaining 30% will be divided between charity and purchases that will benefit the Schools. You can of course donate your items where 100% of the sale price will be retained by the shop, please indicate this on your bag. Payments due will be made each term via your child.
Payment can be made by card, cash or cheque and parents of boarders may add the cost to the school bill. Please note that unfortunately we are not able to offer any refunds.
Please note, we cannot take the following items due to lack of space: grey trousers, shorts or white shirts.